APPLICATIONS FOR DUAL LANGUAGE (DLI) PROGRAM
- An application must be submitted by January 30, 2024, before the student enters 1st grade.
- There is no waiting list for the initial application; however, if a student is not randomly selected, that student's name may be placed on a waiting list until the beginning of the school year.
- If you missed a parent meeting, here is a recording of the information: Parent Meeting
HOW STUDENTS ARE CHOSEN FOR A DLI PROGRAM
- In order for a child to be accepted into a DLI program, parents must first complete and submit an application and commitment form for the desired program by the due date.
- Applications and commitment forms can be picked up at local schools or accessed at the links to the right side of this page, filled out, then delivered to respective local schools.
- Once an application and commitment form has been received, students are randomly selected for a dual immersion program based upon the following criteria:
- Priority is given to siblings of the current students in the program.
- Individual schools will place students based on the needs of the school.
MORE ABOUT THE DLI PROGRAM
- Individual meetings have been scheduled at all DLI schools where parents will receive detailed information and will have the opportunity to ask questions.
- You can watch the informational video under Resources above and click on Family Resources.
- School websites may provide additional information for that school's program.
JORDAN DISTRICT DLI WITHDRAWAL GUIDELINE
- In the event that a student decides to withdraw from the Dual Language Immersion program, they would not be eligible to return to the program at a later date.